Adjusting to Stress – Chiropractic Care and Stress Reduction
The holidays, while magical to some, can be a stress-producing machine for others. Whether it is cooking huge meals, crowds while shopping, financial concerns, or simply too much time with Uncle Steve and Auntie Ann, the holiday season is a common stressor for many. While we do our yoga poses, meditation, and deep breathing exercises, do not forget chiropractic care in your menu of stress reduction tools.
Let us start by talking about stress in general. Stress is often paired with anxiety, depression, and other aches and pains. It has long been known that stress plays havoc with every system of your body, including muscular and skeletal symptoms. Headaches, body aches, and all sorts of other side effects are a direct result of stress and anxiety. Stress and anxiety can cause a tremendous amount of tension in your body therefore, treating your body in turn helps reduce the stress. It can be circular – tension relief in the body can reduce stress which can lead to more tension relief, then to more stress relief and so on.
Some common symptoms of stress that your body may experience include headaches, back and/or neck pain, muscle cramping or tightness, fatigue, and joint pain. Since tension, both realized and subconscious, wreaks havoc on your body and can even cause nerve pain and numbness. The great news is that chiropractic care releases stored tension in your body, helping you to return to a healthier you.
Some things your chiropractor can do to help with stress:
- Spinal Adjustment – Spinal adjustments help relieve muscle tension which in turn helps to increase relaxation and blood circulation. Just this action alone literally can help reduce the fight for flight response of your body and in turn reduces stress. Your spine plays a huge role in your neurological system, so a healthy spine can help your brain as much as your body.
- Massage – Many chiropractic clinics include massage as one of their offerings. Just like adjustments, massage results in relaxation and in turn a notable reduction in stress.
- Better Posture – Your chiropractic clinic is an excellent resource for education on correct body posture. Slumping over a phone, computer or tablet has negative effects on your body. Your chiropractor can teach you how to treat your body better by actively being aware of how you sit, walk, or even sleep.
- Nutrition – Your chiropractor can work with you to create a nutrition plan and offer supplements to create a healthier you. Feeding your body properly is important for stress reduction as well as building strong and healthy muscles and bones.
- Rehabilitation – The healing qualities of chiropractic care go past the time you spend in-clinic. Your chiropractor may work with you to establish a exercise, stretching or massage plan outside of the clinic to help your body heal, gain strength, and give you the best opportunity to keep stress at manageable levels.
Stress is inevitable, however, working with your chiropractor can help you reduce stress and the effects it has on your body. Keep in mind that you can keep stress at bay by creating a relationship and regular scheduled appointments with your chiropractor and/or massage therapist; the benefits are endless, and the reward is less stress and a healthier you.
Money Tree Billing is a chiropractic billing company who removes the distraction of billing from your office so you can focus on changing lives through chiropractic care. Money Tree Billing offers billing cycle management through a dedicated and seamless billing process. We empower you and your team with support beyond just billing. Focus on your practice and your passion and we’ll focus on getting you paid. To learn more about Money Tree Billing visit www.moneytreebilling.com