“I am ready to face any challenges that might be foolish enough to face me.” -Dwight from The Office.
Just like personal goals, don’t let the ringing of the new year be the only time you think about your business goals. Any time is the perfect time to review your Chiropractic Clinic goals for the coming weeks, months or year. Unlike your strategic plan, goal setting outlines the specific goals that should inspire you and/or your team to work efficiently, and perhaps towards the broader strategies that you may have in place for your clinic. Goal setting is an important part to running any successful business, they give you clarity, a target to reach for, and they can motivate you and/or your employees. Goal setting can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled some advice to help you through the process.
Goal Setting Prompts:
- Are you happy with the size of the clinic?
- Do you need to increase, decrease, or stay steady with the number of employees you have?
- Do you have the right employees?
- Do you continue to stay on top of current best practices and laws medically, as well as human resources, staff training and growth, etc.?
- Do you like your physical space, equipment, etc.?
- Do you partner with, or consider partnering with third party vendors to help you focus on what you and/or your team does best?
- Do you have a coach or mentor that you can rely on to bounce ideas around?
- Are there proficiencies that you can create through better technology or better understanding of technologies available?
- Are you marketing your clinic, and if you are, is it working for you?
- Are you profitable?
You don’t necessarily need to answer all these questions, and there are certainly many more to consider. This is a nice baseline to use to brainstorm. Innovative ideas and concepts will likely grow from there.
Creating the goal and sticking to it:
- Make sure that your goals are obtainable, even if they are aggressive.
- Make sure you have measurable goals.
- Make sure your goals are specific and succinct.
- If you have a team, invite their input for added buy-in.
- Make a commitment to the goals you set.
- Hold yourself and/or your team accountable by implementing deadlines.
- Schedule regular check-ins and progress reports, even if it is just you.
- Don’t forget to acknowledge and celebrate each goal you meet.
- Add new goals as you check old ones off.
Many successful businesses of all types know that goal setting and goal achievement is necessary to succeed. They’ll also tell you that it’s important for you to focus on what you know, and then hire experts to do the rest. In the chiropractic clinic setting the most popular areas of outsourcing for day-to-day operations are medical billing, human resources, and virtual receptionist/appointment setters. Outsourcing also can include business coaches, outside training for you or your staff, business strategists, etc.
There is no time like today to get moving towards setting solid goals for your chiropractic clinic. While it is serious business, have fun and don’t forget to throw a few dreams in for long term goals. Most importantly, don’t lose sight of the very reasons you started on your path of healing others and make sure that is always the focus. You got this.
Money Tree Billing is a chiropractic billing company who removes the distraction of billing from your office so you can focus on changing lives through chiropractic care. Money Tree Billing offers complete billing cycle management through a dedicated and seamless billing process. We empower you and your team with support beyond just billing. Focus on your practice and your passion and we’ll focus on getting you paid. We GUARANTEE our work. Money Tree Billing guarantees if your insurance claim goes unpaid due to our error, that we will credit you the amount you would have been paid on that claim. You won’t find another guarantee like it in the industry. To learn more about Money Tree Billing, and our one-of-a-kind guarantee, visit www.moneytreebilling.com.